Our three-day live face to face training course is suitable for everyone interested in the impact of sensory development. The course covers 11 modules and includes presentations, class discussions and practical sessions.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- To promote understanding of sensory development from conception
- To explore the role of sensation in brain development from conception
- To discuss theories, models, current research and assessments to understand sensory processing and sensory environments.
- To consider behavioural cues as a means of understanding sensory regulation and facilitate the provision of the just right sensory environment.
- To understand how sensory development and the sensory environments facilitate childhood occupations.
WHAT WE COVER
- Module 1: Introduction to creating nurturing sensory environments for babies
- Module 2: Know your neurobiology
- Module 3: Our sensory systems structures and functions
- Module 4: Stress
- Module 5: Nurturing sensory environments: The womb space
- Module 6: The neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Module 7: Nurturing sensory environments: The mother infant space
- Module 8: Mother and infant space activities and expectations
- Module 9: Nurturing sensory environments: The father infant space
- Module 10: Father infant space activities and expectations
- Module 11: Nurturing sensory environments: Therapeutic use of self
HOW WE DO IT
- Sensory Babies Live Training is a three day course
- We run our three day course in London, twice a year
- Presentations, class discussions and practical sessions
- A course manual with all the hand-outs provided
- A course workbook to facilitate your learning
- Comprehensive reference list
- Comprehensive resource list
- Training provided by internationally renowned occupational therapists Lindsay Hardy and Emily Hills
- We can also come to you – if you are interested in hosting Sensory babies please get in touch
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- You will learn how sensory processing impacts on baby development.
- You will make connections between sensory systems, neurobiology and infant development
- You will use this knowledge to relate sensory development to regulation, relationships, communication, postural skills, exploration, praxis, play, sleep and eating.
- You will develop the skills to create nurturing sensory environments that support infant and parent interactions.
- You will leave the course with the skills to analyse behaviours through a sensory lens.
- You will walk away with a documented framework and clinical reasoning tool to share your knowledge and guide your practice.
- We are confident you will love learning with us
LIVE TRAINING DATES
Due to COVID-19 live training could be subject to change.
- Hosted by: Sensory Babies
- Face to face live training
- 28th, 29th and 30th June 2021
- Venue: PACE Centre, 156 Wendover Road, Stoke Mandeville, Aylesbury, HP22 5TE
- In-person places are now fully booked, but you can still enrol and join in with us virtually and follow along live, online.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in attending one of our live training courses or would like more information before enrolling, please contact us via the form below.
Some of the feedback we received from participants who attended our live training courses.